At Templeogue Dental, patient safety is our priority.
Dr. Eoin will be able to adjust the dose and positioning of your anti-wrinkle injections to achieve the best results. This will be discussed with you before treatment.
Dr. Eoin can also use anti-wrinkle injections to treat other concerns such as gummy smile which reduces the look of an overly visible gum line. Masseter muscle injection slims the jaw and aids teeth grinding.
What are Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
While the muscle relaxant is working these lines cannot get any deeper as you are not repeatedly creasing the skin. This is why people often have this treatment to prevent the formation of wrinkles. Anti-wrinkle injections do not remove deep, fixed lines but it may reduce them slightly stopping them from getting worse.
Anti-wrinkle injections are regarded as being safe and have been used to treat tens of millions of patients worldwide for both medical and cosmetic reasons over the past two decades.
When administered correctly, muscle relaxation will typically last for 3 – 4 months (however individual factors apply and some clients get a longer or shorter duration than this). Anti-wrinkle injections are not painful as ultrafine needles are used.
It is a quick, easy, and very effective treatment with little or no recovery time.
What can Anti-Wrinkle Injections Treat?
Anti-wrinkle injections are the treatment of choice for people who have lines on the upper face; you may hear people talk about having “The 3 areas”, which refers to:
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet – wrinkles around their eyes
What does having Anti-Wrinkle Injections Involve?
- Anti wrinkle injections are a doctor-only treatment. It is a prescription only product. Your first step will be to book a consultation with Dr. Eoin. On the day of your consultation, Dr. Eoin will explain the treatment and advise if it is suitable for you.
- If you wish to go ahead, consent and pre-treatment photography will be taken. Photography is strictly confidential and is used for medico-legal reasons so that we may compare the photograph to one which will be taken at your follow-up appointment. This will enable us to assess how you respond the product and help us establish the correct dose for you.
- You will have a series of injections into the area you are having treated; the injection time is very quick and takes only around 5 minutes. Dr. Eoin injects tens of times per day and performs it quickly and effectively to reduce your discomfort.
- Immediately after, there will be small marks / tiny bumps on the face where the product has been injected; they will go down after around 10 minutes. You should not apply any of your products (including makeup) over the area treated for at least 6 hours.
- Your aftercare advice will be given – do not apply any makeup to the site for 6 hours, avoid exercise for 24 hours and avoid any blood thinners, including alcohol, for 24 hours. Do not fly for 24 hours.
- If this is your first time having treatment with us, you will be booked for a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks
What can Dr. Eoin Treat with Botox?
- Brow Lift – to help lift eyebrows and open up eye area
- Forehead – to smooth lines across the forehead area
- Frown Lines – to smooth lines between eyebrows that become pronounced from frowning or squinting
- Crow’s Feet – to smooth fine lines on either side of the eye corners
- Gummy Smile – to reduce a gummy smile
- Bunny Lines – bunny lines which are lines on either side of the nose when smiling can be softened.
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) – for those looking to stop teeth grinding